One of the common topics I discuss with my weight loss surgery clients is how to eat enough protein each day, especially when you are super busy. So here is my recipe for Egg Muffins, delicious, protein packed and very easy to grab as you head out the door! Don’t like mushrooms or spinach? Add some other vegetables. Just keep the quantities similar so you get roughly the same amount of egg per muffin, i.e. protein.
Easy Egg Muffins
Recipe makes 6
Nutritional content(each muffin):
- 15g protein,
- 11.8g fat,
- 1.3g carbohydrate
8 Eggs lightly beaten
120g Baby spinach
120g Button mushrooms finely sliced
115g Reduced-fat fetta cheese cut up
Olive oil – 1 Tablespoon
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Coat a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Saute mushrooms in olive oil, until soft (approximately 5 mins)
3. Wilt spinach in boiling water (approximately 5 mins), then drain and squeeze out excess water with paper towel. Let spinach cool.
4. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then spoon evenly into muffin tin.
5. Bake for around 25 mins, when a toothpick comes out clean they are ready
6. Allow to cool slightly before tipping them out of muffin tin
Storage: Can be stored in the refrigerator (for up to 4 days) or frozen (up to 2 months).
Credit: @culinaryhill for original recipe which I have modified.